Trails and Treasures Home Page  Road Trips  Searching for Fred Harvey, Fall 2006.htm

San Bernardino

After the Santa Fe's first station in San Bernardino was destroyed by fire in 1916, the Santa Fe built a larger depot in the Mission Revival style with Moorish influences.  It opened in 1918 and was expanded in 1921 to include a Harvey House restaurant with living quarters above it.  The depot is now occupied by SANBAG--San Bernardino Associated Governments, but the Harvey House restaurant space remains vacant and unrestored.

End of Harvey House Restaurant

Harvey House Restaurant space

Waiting Room has been restored

San Bernardino is also home to the original McDonald's.